Delicious new #MeatlessMonday #recipe for Mock Chinese Chicken Salad! #enjoy
• 1 small head crisp iceberg lettuce; chopped
• 1/2 bunch radishes; sliced
• 1 cup fresh pea pods; halved
• 2 green onions; sliced into circles
• 1 small yellow or red bell pepper; seeded and diced
• 1 (7 oz.) can Mandarin oranges; drained
• 1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts; drained
• 1-1/2 cups mock chicken cubes
• 1 (15 oz.) can #GloryFoods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
• 1 (6 oz.) bottle Chinese chicken salad dressing
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 4 oz. bean thread noodles
1. Place the lettuce, radishes, pea pods, green onions, bell pepper, oranges, water chestnuts, mock chicken cubes and Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a high-sided skillet and very carefully pop bean thread noodles in hot oil for 30 seconds using tongs with a long handle (they will puff up quickly) and drain on paper towel.
3. Pour dressing over salad and toss well to combine. Place bean threads over salad and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 15 minutes