When we're dreading the beginning of the school year because of the lunch boxes, guess what, it's not about the lunchbox. It's the meaning we place on the lunch box, and there are a few possibilities.
What does the lunchbox mean to you?
What are the feelings you feel?
1. It may mean ‘regret’ and ‘frustration’. The end of 'fun' times, and the realisation that we may have overindulged in 'fun'. The realisation that what lies ahead because of those choices isn’t exciting, and that knowledge brings feelings of regret and frustration.
2. It may mean ‘guilt’. The guilty feeling when we know what needs to go into that box, for many have learnt that. And understanding can never go away, we can pretend with excuses around time and money, but it never goes away.
3. It may mean ‘worry’. Worry about making the wrong decisions and what people may think. Heaven forbid we’re not perfect like we pretend to present to the world.
4. It may mean 'overwhelm'. Our ineffectiveness in priortising time for the important things such as healthy, real food preparation, because we’re so busy being so many things to so many people.
5. It may mean an end of daily ‘pleasure’, because the end of holidays may mean back to ‘normality’ and that may not float our boat.
All of these feelings remain constant when we continue to unconsciously place the same meaning on the same situation. And when we place the same meaning on the situation, it becomes a belief. And when it becomes a belief, we run the risk of making excuses for our situation, placing blame or digging our heads deep in denial. And when we feel these feelings in an unaware state, they usually lead to outbursts of impatient anger. The feelings hurt ourselves and those we love.
It’s never about the lunchbox. It’s only about what’s happening beneath.
I invite you to take a different approach this year……….(link in bio)
#feelings #emotions #thoughts #habits #wellbeing #health #BringingBackTheImportant #HealthyParent #HealthyChild