This looks tasty
Super easy. Double tap and tag your friends to try this dish together!
Hot Dog Tots by @tastydemais
Servings: 20-25 tots
5-6 hot dogs, each cut into 4-5 pieces
900 g potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon oregano
Oil for frying
1. To a large saucepan add potatoes, salt and add water until potatoes are just covered.
2. Bring the water to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
3. Remove potatoes to a colander and run under cold water to cool.
4. Pour out onto a dish towel and dry potatoes thoroughly.
5. Using a cheese grater, shred the potatoes into a large bowl.
6. Add parmesan, flour and oregano to the shredded potatoes. Mix together.
7. Form the mixture around hot dog pieces to form tots. Freeze formed tots for 30 minutes.
8. In a large saucepan, heat oil to 175˚C. Fry the tots, in batches, until browned on all sides. Remove to a paper towel lined plate. Sprinkle with additional salt.
9. Serve with your choice of dipping sauces. Enjoy!